Registered Dietitian Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Saber Healthcare Group
VA - Lynchburg
Lynchburg, VA 24501, US
Saber Healthcare Group is excited to offer a full-time position for an RD in Central Virginia!
Due to growth and expansion, Saber is seeking a full-time RD to complete clinical documentation and implement medical nutrition therapy in long term care. This position requires some travel to multiple facilities in central Virginia.
Experience in senior living, skilled nursing, CMS regulations desirable.
We are happy to offer a sign on bonus, travel reimbursement, competitive salary and benefits, assistance with continuing education, and an opportunity for growth.
- B.S. degree in Dietetics or Foods and Nutrition
- Maintain nutrition knowledge base related to long term care through continuing education to ensure the application of current research information and methods to nutrition practice
- Maintain continuing education to meet requirements for registration as set forth by the American Dietetic Association and to meet state licensure requirements
- At least 2 years’ experience as a professional dietitian or dietetic technician in long term care with some administrative responsibility, or (1) years’ experience as a registered consulting dietitian with one or more long-term care facilities
- Must maintain active membership and registration in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) and with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Must maintain active state licensure and membership in State Dietetic Association
- Provide guidance for the Dietary Manager and/or staff
- Monitors the preparation, service, and delivery of food
- Establish and maintain department standards for customer service, sanitation, and safety
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with production staff to provide coordinated, high-quality care
- Monitor nutritional status of residents through the RAI assessment process as assigned
- Functions as a member of the multi‑disciplinary health care team to assess newly admitted residents and identify those at nutritional risk
- Evaluate medical records to obtain necessary medical information to determine resident nutritional status and develop an individualized care plan
- Demonstrate the ability to tailor treatment based on the unique requirements of residents' age and developmental needs
- Visits Residents, observe/Monitor resident eating habits, feeding abilities, and diet compliance
- Determine nutritional needs, plan of care, while striving to minimize nutritional complications
- Recommend the least restrictive diet possible to meet the needs of the residents
- Comply with facility's guidelines for nutritional intervention to assure that residents receive appropriate care in a timely manner
- Chair the weight/wound committee meetings and resident review
- Participate in resident care conferences and multi‑disciplinary team meetings to provide nutrition information of resident nutritional status for in‑house care plan
Who We Are
Our mission is to provide the highest quality healthcare to all that we serve and whether its short-term services, long term care, or assisted living, our specialized programs are designed to provide the best possible quality of life for our residents and their families.
As we expand, we’re looking for compassionate and experienced healthcare professionals interested in fulfilling this important goal.
Learn more at https://careers.saberhealth.com/